The Wizardly World of Potions & Brews
Welcome muggles! Snuggle up with your favorite magical creature and a goblet of butterbeer and let's dive in!
Every wizard knows that quality ingredients matter when it comes to potions and brews. There are many essential oil companies out there and what sets Young Living apart from all of them is their ‘Seed to Seal’ promise.
• YL owns its own farms, which no other major company does. It has partner farms all over the world that have to abide by the same standards.
• YL won’t plant on soil that has been in contact with ANY chemicals within 50 years. (Organic standards are only three years!)
• YL picks the absolute best seeds from strong, thriving plants.
• YL hand weeds and uses its own oils on plants for weed and pest control to avoid harmful chemicals.
• YL harvests at peak times to ensure you get the highest quality oil.
• YL distills on site at the proper temperature, which allows the oils to maintain the highest amount of their naturally occurring constituents as possible, without the use of harsh chemicals.
• YL tests every batch multiple times, and in multiple ways, throughout the process with state-of-the-art equipment and on-staff scientists
Safety and Usage
YL Oils are the best of the best. Here are a few tips to help you use them:
1. Some oils are hot, so dilute with a carrier such as coconut oil or YL’s V-6 complex when using on children, sensitive skin, or anytime you experience discomfort.
2. Do not drip essential oils into your ear canal or directly into your eyes. If you do get oils in your eye, stay calm and apply a carrier oil, not water.
3. When in doubt, dilute and apply to the bottoms of your feet!
4. Citrus oils can cause your skin to be more sensitive to UV rays. So apply citrus oils where the sun won’t be shining (or a tanning bed)!
5. Use glass or stainless steel when adding citrus oils to your water. Citrus oils can break down plastic and nobody wants to drink plastic!
1. Topically: Put a couple of drops right on your skin and rub it in. No need to be precise. Just get those oils on! Worried about sensitive skin or a hot oil? Dilute it with a carrier oil (grapeseed oil, coconut oil, Young Living’s V-6 oil, etc.) and apply to the bottoms of the feet.
2. Aromatically: Use them in the diffuser OR inhale them from diffuser jewelry, your hands, or directly from the bottle! It’s that simple!
3. Internally: Young Living has a special line of oils that are safe to ingest called Vitality oils. Put a few drops into an empty vegetable capsule, a cup of tea, or a glass of water. You can even cook & bake with them! Try some Lemon Vitality in your yogurt or a drop of Nutmeg & Cinnamon Bark into your coffee grounds before brewing. So yummy!
Concocting your own sprays is a great way to eliminate the harmful chemicals found in commercial room and fabric sprays. Some of these chemicals, like BHT, Propylene Glycol, Linalool, and Benzaldehyde(just to name a few) have been found to be neurotoxins, endocrine disruptors, and irritators of the eyes, skin, and lungs. Do a quick Google search on the dangers of these chemicals and commercial room sprays in general. You’ll be surprised!
Essential oils are a charming alternative and can be used in any area of your life. But before we jump into the potions and brews recipes, take heed of this wizardly tip! Always keep Copaiba on hand - it has the power to enhance and magnify the effects of another oil.
For each spray you will need:
4 oz glass spray bottle
2 Tbsp witch hazel
15-30 drops of essential oils
Add witch hazel and essential oils to glass bottle. Top off with distilled water. Shake well before each use.
Let's Get Rolling
Next, let’s make some powerful potion rollers!
Mixing up your own potion rollers is not only fun, but also a great way to stretch your oils (and $$$) to make them last longer. Simply pick out your favorite roller recipe and follow the directions below.
1. Combine essential oils with your favorite liquid carrier oil (i.e. V-6 complex, jojoba, fractionated coconut oil, almond, avocado, etc.) in a 10 ml glass roller bottle.
2. Leave a little space to apply the roller bottle without spillage.
3. Apply as directed in the recipe.
Every wizard and witch needs some aroma power to diffuse the situation… but remember earlier when we talked about the harmful effects of room sprays? Candles rank right up there with sprays! Yuck!
“Most scented candles use synthetic fragrances and dyes that give off dangerous VOCs even at room temperature. Commonly emitted VOCs related to the scent in candles include formaldehyde, petroleum distillates, limonene, alcohol and esters. These harmful chemicals can cause health problems ranging from headaches, dizziness and allergy symptoms to asthma attacks, respiratory tract infections and even cancer.”*
Let’s skip the candles and plug in that diffuser instead! You are doing your lungs AND your wallet a favor. Try the following diffuser blends to bring peace, knock your enemy out, conjure up beauty sleep, power yourself up with energy, and so much more!
From head to toe, these potions have got you covered! Support your hair, skin, joints, and muscles with these simple recipes!
Yum Yum Yum
Perfect for adding flavor to your favorite foods or using as dietary supplements, the Vitality line gives you the freedom to mix and match some of our best-loved essential oils in a variety of nutritious and delicious ways.
Become a potion master
Ready to mix these potions and brews up at home? Grab your Oils Premium Starter Kit and you can! It contains (almost) all of the oils mentioned here and it's nearly half-off! The starter kits all come with a FREE lifetime membership (which gets you 24% off all your future purchases) AND access to the BEST monthly subscription box ever - Essential Rewards! Keep scrolling to find out WHY!
Get this set up RIGHT AWAY!! It’s the smartest way to order your oils and oil-infused products from Young Living. It’s completely customizable and will help save you time, money, and energy as you swap out the toxic products hiding in your cabinets and replace them with all that oily goodness.
Look at all these perks!
• Earn points to spend on future product
• FREE loyalty gifts along the way
• FREE promotional items available every month
• Exclusive discounted ER bundles
• Completely customizable and flexible
• Access to FREE shipping subscriptions
You can cancel your Essential Rewards subscription box at any time but I’m telling you, you won’t want to! I suggest making your Premium Starter Kit your first ER box then grabbing a couple bottles of Ningxia Red the following month. It’s SO delicious!
Ready to get started? Shoot me a message and I'll grab you the link to pick out your kit!
A Few Side Notes
➕ Information obtained here is meant for educational and informational purposes ONLY, and to motivate and empower you to make your own wellness journey based on your own research and partnership with your healthcare provider.
➕The statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.